Monday, October 19, 2009

I wish my son was this happy today...

This morning we woke up to Trevin crying at 5:45 a.m. Colby thought maybe he would go back to sleep, but he didn't. When he went into his room he found that he had thrown up all over his bed and was miserable! Knowing that I am at risk of getting the flu due to being pregnant, Colby sat out on the couch with Trevin for most of the morning. Such an awesome dad!

Colby realized he had a lot to do so he left Trevin on the couch to watch Mickey Mouse by himself. When I walked out of my bedroom, I found the couch covered in throw up! I took Trevin by the hand and walked into the bathroom to give him a bath. He kept saying, "Mom, Tummy Sick." I felt so helpless and wished I could make him feel better. I had waited all weekend to be able to hold my son today and unfortunately I had to comfort him all day instead of enjoying it. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy being with him and having him cuddle with me all day, but it was so sad to see him limp, sick, and feverish.

Tonight I was looking through the pictures on our point and shoot camera and I found these...

Family8

Family9

Family7

Family6

Family5

Oh how I wished my boy could have been this happy while sitting on the couch with me today! If only a magic word could make him feel better. If only I could have made his tummy feel better and his fever go away like I make his bumps and bruises feel better with a kiss! I am praying for a better day tomorrow!

P.S. Again, don't mind the fat prego belly!

2 comments:

kars and linz said...

I'm sorry he is not feeling good, poor kid! What is this fat business! I wish I looked half as good as you and im not with child! I can't believe we were so close to you guys! Next time we come down we will give you guys a call!

A bit about our little family... said...

Hey Nat-
Your hair is so cute! Thanks for putting the pictures up...finally! haha just kidding! I'm sorry that poor Trevin isn't feeling well. I know it probably stinks as a mommy not being able to make him physically feel better...but there is always something about moms that can make their kids feel better just by being there with them and it looks like you did just that!!