Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Stories I want told...

Today I was looking at one of my favorite blogs (in the fifteen minutes I had away from Trevin) and I found an awesome idea. She wrote down some "Stories that she wants told" through the form of scrapbooking, journaling, or any documentation form.

This got me thinking about some stories and things that I never want to forget. In case my time here on earth may suddenly end (not that I hope it does) I want some things to be remembered. I decided to write down my own "Stories to be told" and this is my list:

1. I want to remember how Trevin's first real word was "Colby"
2. I want to document my testimony and how I gained that testimony myself.
3. I want to take a picture of Black Jelly Beans and describe what life was like when Grandpa Peacock was alive. It was always so fun to go visit him. He is the reason why I still love black jelly beans!
4. I would like to have my dad (Yes dad, I am talking to you) describe, ON PAPER, what it was like taking care of President Ezra Taft Benson and how it felt every morning to read scriptures with him, pray with him, and to see him smile every morning when he woke him up.
5. I want to capture all of Trevin's little faces through photography and explain what each face means to him and I.
6. I want to make a scrapbook page about each one of my grandparents and tell them how much I love them, thank them for all they have done for me, and tell some funny stories I remember as a child growing up.
7. I want to remember all the small details of my home in Springville and how I loved to play in the backyard with my trolls, barbies, and animals on the rock/water wall. Oh how I loved to sit in the tree and read books, play "school" with Hilary, and run into the Gardner's backyard through the broken fence.
8. I want to finish my wedding album and describe what that day felt like.
9. I want to document what I consider the small things and the important things of life. Sometimes the little things just don't matter as much as you think they do.
10. I want to document what a typical day looks like at our house, how much things cost, and what life is like for us.

I was able to scrapbook one page last night after Trevin went to bed and it felt so good! I felt like myself again! I can't wait to do more...

No comments: