Thursday, November 5, 2009

Where's Grandma's Corn?

So almost everyday lately Trevin has been asking the question, "Where is..." and then he names someone's name.
Here is how the conversation usually goes:

Trevin: "Where's Dad?"
Mom: "I don't know. Where is he?"
Trevin: "Um, he at School."
Mom: "Ya, Daddy's at School."
Trevin: "Where's Landon?"
Mom: "I don't know. Where is he?"
Trevin: "Um, him's Golfing."
Mom: "Ya, Landon's Golfing."
Trevin: "Where's Grandma?"
Mom: "I don't know. Where is she?"
Trevin: "Selling Corn."

I laugh everytime he says my mom is selling corn because that's what she does every summer. When we came up this summer to visit (which was a lot) we would always stop by the corn stand first before we went to the house to unpack. Trevin loved to see the corn stand and would yell "Grandma's Corn" from about a block away.

Corn-Stand-8

Lately, he keeps telling us that Grandma is selling corn and we have to explain to him the corn is gone. So now when we pass by Reed's Drive in and Grandma's not there he says, "Where's Grandma's Corn?" It's amazing to me that he can remember that memorable spot that he once knew this summer for so many weekends. He loved to stop by and get an apple from Grandma.

I was looking through some pictures and I found these pictures we took on my parents wedding anniversary. My dad surprised my mom with a little getaway and the three children were in charge of the corn stand that day. It had been a long time since all of us were down there together. Oh, the memories of the corn stand!

Corn-Stand-7

Corn-Stand-6

I Loved the Peaches...
Corn-Stand-2

Corn-Stand-4

But I dislike Pears...
Corn-Stand-1

Me, Landon, and Hilary chillin' at the corn stand just like the good ol' days when we first started selling. We talked about the old days and loading the corn from the four wheeler trailer (before we had the corn wagon). We don't miss those days at all!
Corn-Stand-3

No comments: