Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Joy of Moving

I have realized that telling stories are always funner with pictures so I decided to post some recent (some more recent than others) from the last two weeks.
This first picture was the week we moved. Trevin has started to eat more whole foods and is getting better at chewing. He had been struggling for a long time and would choke on just about anything!
These two pictures are while I was trying to pack. As you can tell, a one year old can find just about anything to play with. I was talking to Colby on the phone when I heard this loud noise from our room. When I walked into our room I found Trevin staring into the air ducts and the cover was pulled completely off! I couldn't believe that he figured out how to take them off! What a crazy little boy!

When we arrived in Cedar we had a lot of people help us unpack. Well, it became really late after everyone had went back to Nephi and we realized we never put up Trevin's crib! It was about 9:30 and we looked forever for the parts to put his bed together! I knew we had put them in a drawer but I couldn't remember which one! We looked around the house, opened boxes, and called family to see if they knew where we had put them. We finally gave up and around 11:00 I gave up and made him his own little crib. Pretty awesome huh! I used the matress from his bed and put boxes around it so he wouldn't fall off. Colby laughed at me but it was the only thing I could come up with! Don't worry, I found the parts the next day and put his crib together all by myself! I was so proud!
Ok so this last picture is from today! I know it's a little gory but I had to post it! When I got my job in the ICU they told me I had to take off my artificial nails. Three days later I noticed my middle finger was in a lot of pain and was swelling up more and more each day. I thought I had an ingrown (if that's how you spell it) fingernail. Colby decided he was going to play doctor last night and try and dig it out! FIRST MISTAKE! That hurt more than anything....or so I thought! I figured we had fixed the problem last night when lots of "stuff" came out but I woke up this morning with my finger more swollen than ever! I went to my orientation at the hospital anyway. I came home and I went to the doctor hoping he would make things better. SECOND MISTAKE! He gave me a lot of Lidocaine to numb my finger (which made it swell three times as big as it already was) and cut my finger open to release all the "stuff" inside. Then he couldn't get my finger to stop bleeding so he cauterized it! He told me I probably wouldn't need anything for pain, but offered me medication anyway. Being the tough girl I am and thinking it wasn't a big deal, I refused. THIRD MISTAKE! While walking out to my car the Lidocaine wore off and I was dying! I came home and unwrapped the bandage to look at it and show Colby. This is what it looked like! Can you say war zone? I took Ibuprofen, my antibiotic, laid on the couch, cried, and then called my dad! What a day!

6 comments:

angie said...

Ouch!!! Good improvisation on the "box crib!"

Ashley said...

wow!! I hope your finger gets better. And good job putting the crib up by yourself!! :)

Tosha G said...

Thanks for the email. I sent you an invite to my blog, let me know if you don't get it. Your finger looks incredibly sore! Good Luck with the move. I hope you like the ICU. I miss DRMC, my friend Tiffani works in the ICU, I used to know a lot of the night shift in the unit, but it's been so long I doubt they'd remember me. Good luck with your job, don't give up I know you'll love it!

Amber Hemsley said...

Isn't moving so much fun!! I think that I have become a pro at it. I told Jon that I will only do it one more time. Your poor finger! You never realize how much you use your fingers until something like that happens. I am glad you got moved into your new home and I hope your finger heals quickly.

The Robison's said...

Nat You finger looks so sore. I was really nervous when i seen that picture. i hope you are doing good i miss you. Give me a call some time. Love ya Lots CrapDog!
Love Moe

Benson Family said...

Nat, I loved Trevin's make shift crib. It is definately an original. Your finger looks like it hurt. Your mom told me about it the other day when I went to the corn stand. I hope you are enjoying your new job---you will do great!!!