Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's my Family

I planned for this day all week! I was so excited! I had a vision in my head about all the cute photos I wanted taken...

But we had one little problem and that problem was my two year old! He did not want to be held, sit on my lap, sit by himself, stand by himself...NOTHING! I was starting to get frustrated and then I realized that once again, this is how my son is. This is how he acts. He is a busy little boy and a cute busy little boy indeed!

We started out the session of me holding onto him VERY tight while the photographers wife and cute daughter tried to get his attention. About one picture, and he was done with that idea.

Our-Family-1

Then we decided to just let him be himself, play in the dirt (while I was praying he wouldn't get his clothes dirty), and let him do his own thing while Colby and I had our own little photo shoot.
Our-Family-2

Finally, he decided maybe he could at least sit on the truck (but not look at the camera)...
Our-Family-3

So we tried other things like throwing rocks at him, letting him throw rocks, and also dancing behind the photographer...
Our-Family-5

He really liked me pretending I was going to tickle the photographer...
Our-Family-6

Then he decided to cooperate by letting me hold him, but no smiles from this little guy...
Our-Family-4

So we moved to another location and ate lots of goldfish, cereal, and candy on the way. When we got there we played the tickle game and got a few smiles out of him (but of course I look awesome)...
Our-Family-9

So it was back to Colby and I taking a few fun photos of us, alone, without our son...
Our-Family-7

Then he warmed up to the idea of tickling us and decided that was kinda fun.

Let me just say this is one of my favorite photos from the session! It may not be posed, planned, or perfect to some of you, but it makes me smile! It shows honestly how happy we are together as a small family! We love each other so much and have TONS of fun together!
Our-Family-8

AND THEN, we GOT IT! All of us smiling and looking toward the camera! I Love it! In fact, I LOVE ALL OF THEM! Why you ask? Because that's our family and that's how our life goes. It's never planned, posed, or perfect but we make it through and in the end it's our love for one another that makes us who we are!
Our-Family-10

As a side note...
The photographer who took these photos for us lives just across the street from us. They are some of our best friends and we LOVE hanging out with them. I asked him to take a photo of me for my Photography Blog since I don't have a portrait photo of myself.
My-Photo-1

I Love ALL of our family photos and couldn't be happier! Just wanted to share some of them with you!

1 comment:

Colby & Brenda said...

these are so cute. loved them all. you are very photogenic.