Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Moment in Time

I have realized that life goes by fast. I am only 24 years old and I already feel "Old." Sometimes I wonder if I am just letting life pass me by. I wonder if there is more I could or should be doing with my time. Is life all about cleaning your house, making sure the laundry is done, going to work, and paying bills? Is there more to life than always wondering what's next?

I have been thinking a lot lately about the little things in life. As I previously posted, there are stories I want told, things I want to remember, and moments I want to cherish.

Moment-in-Time-1

I don't consider myself to be a professional, but since I have been doing photography, I have realized it's the little things in life that I should cherish. I leave my camera close by me at all times and find myself picking it up to flash a split second moment of my son. These are the little things in life you can't take back.

Today as I sat in church, I set some goals (I do this all the time and they never seem to work). I want to live in the moment and cherish my life a little more. I want to worry less about the messy house, the laundry in the dryer, and focus on my life.

I have been putting together the rest of my Project 365 and I love looking back on this past year and remembering day to day. I know its corny to say, but I can seriously remember those days like they were yesterday. I am so glad I have those little moments in my life. They make me who I am and who my family is.

Here's to living my life in the moment...

No comments: