Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Recipe "Tag" Time

Ok, so one of my goals is to organize my recipes. I got all of my mom's cookbooks and some of my favorite recipes that she makes. I have decided that I need some quick and easy recipes so I don't keep making the same things over and over. My husband is getting sick of it, although he doesn't admit it! So...I am starting a new "tag" and I really want everyone to post two of their favorite recipes on their blog so we can all share some new and easy dinner ideas! I am sure you are always looking for new things to cook just like me!
I will start the Tag:

Chicken Roll Ups (My husbands favorite)
1 1/2 cups of chicken, cooked and cubed (or you can use the canned chicken)
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cube of butter or margarine
1 Package of Cream Cheese
1 small can cream of chicken soup
1 cup of milk
1 can refrigerator crescent rolls

Mix chicken with shredded cheese, butter (softened), and cream cheese. Unroll crescent rolls and place approximately 2 Tbs. of chicken mixture into the center of each roll. Roll crescent roll so chicken is in the middle. Make sure to tuck in any loose corners so while baking it will not leak out the sides. Repeat with each roll. Place rolls in an ungreased casserole dish. Bake uncovered on 350 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. While rolls are cooking, mix cream of chicken soup and milk together and heat over the stove. Pour soup over rolls after they are done baking. Option: May also roll crescent rolls in bread crumbs before baking.

Italian Chicken
2-4 skinless Chicken Breasts or 6-8 Chicken fingers thawed
1 Cube of butter
1 Package of dry italian dressing
1 8oz cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can water

Mix chicken, butter, and italian dressing in crock pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked. After chicken is done cooking, shred with a fork or cube. Then add cream cheese, water, and soup. Continue to cook in crock pot until cream cheese and soup are heated and evenly blended. Serve over noodles or rice.

I hope everyone will enjoy! Let me know if you have questions or if something isn't clear! Thanks!

6 comments:

Riley Alexander said...

Nat, you just gave Sam a killer idea. She was telling me all about htis today. With you planning a whole months worth of meals. What's your hubby thinking of the possible Farve comback?

Natalie Park said...

Hey Riley, The whole meal thing is honestly a good idea and I think it will save lots of money too! Colby is still in shock that he actually retired so honestly I am not sure what he thinks! I don't think Brett will come back but that is my opinion. We are still Packers Fans though!

Amy said...

Hey Park Family,
I just joined the blogging world and ran across yours. Just thought I'd say hi and tell you that your baby is SOO cute! Hope things are going good for you guys. Talk to ya later!

Hali said...

Hey guys....
I, like Amy, came across your blog and wanted to say "hello." My blog is locked, but if you'll send me your email address, I'll send you the link. Nat, thanks for taking such good care of Logan this week. He said "the Park nurses" are his favorite :). Hope all is well with you guys. Trevin is a cutie! Take care.

hali_nielsen@hotmail.com

Vance Family of 5 said...

Nat,
Your blog is so cute! It's fun to find people on here and I'm just starting to get used to it so maybe I'll get good at it someday :) It's been awhile... maybe we will see you guys this weekend at Rex's reception! Hope all is well!

KK and Company said...

Hey Natalie! I just wanted to tell you that your little boy really is adorable! I've enjoyed reading your blog. It's been fun to see how everyone's lives are turning out. Oh, and by the way, I'm trying your chicken roll ups recipe this week... I needed a new idea! Thank you!