Sunday, June 15, 2008

Exploring Long Beach...






After the Aquarium of the Pacific we walked down Long Beach. We spent about two hours just walking up and down the coast. Colby really wanted to see an "actual lighthouse" and so we walked down the coast to make that wish come true. There were so many different shops, restaurants, and people from different cultures. I was amazed how many people were tourists, or looked like tourists. It seemed like there were only a few people who were actually from Long Beach. Everyone rides the old fashioned bikes and drinks beer. Not exactly the culture or lifestyle I am used to. We had heard that Parkers Lighthouse was a neat place to eat so we walked down to see that but turned away after seeing the price! It was located on a boat harbor along with buildings that were teal blue, bright pink, purple, and lime green. It was awesome to see all the plant life and trees. I can't believe how green and beautiful it is here. My favorite flower (I am not sure what it's called) is the last picture I posted. These flowers crawl up the palm trees and all over the buildings. So beautiful!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

what a fun trip--good for you guys to go! Trevin is such a cutie and sounds like such a wonderfully behaved little boy--I'm not sure how well Tyler would do on such a trip!

McKel said...

Hey Nat
These pictures have been so fun looking at. Trevin is getting so big, he is so cute.
McKel

raquelb said...

Love love love it! When I get a house can I please hire you to decorate it? Seriously, I struggle so bad in that department. Some people just got it, and you're one of them! About the chairs in my house...we're actually just renting this old man's house for the summer. He just left all of his stuff in there so it's been fully furnished for us. (So nice being able to leave our stuff in Rexburg instead of hauling it all down here!) Anyways, the chairs aren't mine to give away else I totally would let you have one. Sorry! I'll keep my eyes open though for older chairs at garage sales. Your trip to Cali looked way fun! Hope all is well with you and your cute family. :)

(this comment was supposed to go on your house post but it won't let me leave comments...sorry.)