Saturday, June 7, 2008

Palisade State Park

Last weekend my family went to the Palisade State Park to go camping and spend time together as a family. We had a good time riding the paddle boats, fishing, the boys went golfing, and the girls went on the paddle boats and stayed at camp. I guess I should say the boys attempted to go fishing...they never actually caught anything. Landon said, "I feel bad for Colby. For two years now, he has not caught a thing when we come out here." Colby spend about three hours on the paddle boat and Landon thought it was incredibly boring! On Saturday Hilary and I went for a ride on the four wheelers since my mother insisted that they be used. On our way out from camp we realized the Rancher had a low tire but I still kept riding. Halfway down the road we decided to leave the Rancher and both of us hop on the Ranger. We drove all the way down to the main road and the gear shift got really loose and I wasn't able to shift into gear. We were in FIRST gear and were not able to get to a higher gear. Yes, we looked like idiots on the side of the road, two girls trying to fix a four wheeler. We had to drive all the way back to camp in FIRST gear.
Another funny story! My dad loves tiger's blood popsicles so my mom bought a big bag of variety popsicles just for the tiger's blood ones. On Friday morning while the boys were golfing she asked Hilary and I if we wanted a popsicle, but explained that the tiger's blood ones were for grandpa only! So we ate the root beer and blue rasberry ones instead. Well, my mom walks out from the trailer with a tiger's blood popsicle and immediately Hilary and I start yelling at her saying we thought they were only for grandpa (my dad). It was funny because not two seconds later she spilled on her shirt and the rest of the day we made fun of her. I bought Trevin a bubble mower thinking it would help him walk and would entertain him for a while but it only lasted a little while and then he thought it was boring. The hammock was my favorite spot to relax. Hilary was laughing at me because I put Trevin in the stroller next to me and went to sleep. Great babysitting!This was an adventure all in one! Colby and I put up our tent together!Hilary read books most of the time ! It was fun to spend time together with my family! We shared a lot of moments together that we will be laughing about for years to come!

1 comment:

matesen said...

Hey Natalia!
It looks like you guys had so much fun on your camping trip! I can't believe how big Trevin is getting! He is so cute!
I was wondering if you work on Thursday. Alex is gone for two weeks so I am trying to keep myself entertained! I don't work Thursday and I was thinking you, Mandee, and me could meet in Provo and go to lunch! Call me and let me know what you think!