Sunday, October 26, 2008

And I thought my life was tough at times....

but after reading this article
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/10/26/20081026sisters1026a1.html
my life will probably never be the same! (You will have to copy and paste the link into your browser) I really love what Stephanie said on one of her blog posts:

We pondered over the weekend what pulls our time. Work, yoga, airplanes, travel, blogging, and school. It was another vivid reminder that what matters most is what is none of the above, but rather what abides with us in our humble home.
Our Marriage + Our Children = Treasure.
Claire, Jane Bronwyn, Oliver and of course our little critter the gigs Nicholas.
Our marriage matters most, and our church activity.
With the right perspective, life is actually very wonderful. Really it is.
I saw a funny bumper sticker yesterday on a beat-up jalopy. It read:
"Don't be fooled by my car, my treasure is really in heaven."
Is my treasure in heaven? I believe it is, and I believe my home is heaven on earth.

I have been reading about Stephanie & Christian for many, many weeks and I seem to get emotional every time I read an article about them, see a video clip, or look at pictures of Stephanie & her family. I have donated money to help them out and after reading things like that article, how can you not?

I have often been upset with my son because he wakes up during the night, climbs all over my furniture, or throws little temper tantrums but from now on I am going to try to be better about enjoying every minute with him and Colby. I do not know Stephanie personally but I can feel in my heart that she is a wonderful woman. Her life with her children may never be the same again...but I can only hope and pray that things will work out for the best!

She has inspired me to be a better mom, be a better member of the church, and to enjoy life like it's my heaven on earth. I was not able to attend church today due to a sick little boy with a high fever (who is probably just teething but I didn't want to take a chance of getting other kids sick) but I enjoyed watching cartoons with him, seeing my grandparents, seeing my brother & sister-in-law, and watching a movie with Colby. Today I looked at the "little things" in life and was inspired after writing them in my journal. How about you?

2 comments:

McKel said...

Nat
That is so good. Your house is really nice you'll have to keep posting about it so we know. I miss not seeing you at Bonco, trevin is getting so big and cute.

Our Family said...

Sometimes it is hard to keep things in perspective, but thanks to those small reminders that help us to remember what is important.