Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Conversation to Remember

Trevin had been walking around the house all day saying "Coby" "Dad" "Coby" and I was feeling a little left out. He hardly ever says "Mom." I had been scrapbooking and showed him a picture of Colby and Me and of course when asked where mom was....he didn't point to anything. But when asked where dad was....Ya, he pointed right to Colby. I couldn't believe it! Then, we were sitting at the dinner table with Trevin in his high chair sitting beside us. He was being a blabber mouth. This is how our conversation went:
Natalie (looking at Trevin): Do you love mom?
Trevin: No answer
Colby: I got this one Nat. Trevin do you love dad?
Trevin: Ya
Colby: Do you love mom?
Trevin: Ya
Natalie: (Silent)

I hope maybe one of these days he will start recognizing me a little more and realize how much I truely love him! He brings such joy into our life! I just keep telling myself that he knows me and loves me!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

He DOES LOVE YOU Nat!! Your a very good mom, I can sense that! And probably the reason is that you are spending more time with him at home than Colby gets to... So he just makes that connection that his daddy is gone!! So it just seems that when you show him pictures of you and Colby together he would get more excited to see daddy!! But I know how that is, because Lizzy did that to me, for a while, I would ask her do you love mommy? and she would say "NO" it does make ya really sad though!!! But don't worry about it too much, cuz whether or not he tells you, he really does!! :)