Monday, December 8, 2008

What do you do?

So my mom called me yesterday to ask how church went. I told her I about had a nervous breakdown. All through sacrament Trevin pulled tantrums and screamed like we were torturing him! I don't know what it is lately but it drives me insane! His new thing is to say, "Me Me Me" when he wants something and if you don't give it to him then the tantrums start. He has been such a good little boy and so behaved in the past so it makes me mad because he has never been like this. What do you do?

How do you teach a 17 month old "No" and get them to understand what is right from wrong? Any ideas?

Some days I wonder why I even go to church. There are not very many moments where we get to just sit and listen to the speakers, ponder about why we are there, or gain anything from church. I hope the Lord understands we are trying and doing our best because the last few weeks have been insane at church. In about two weeks he can go to Nursery...then maybe we can learn the last two hours of church. I can't wait!

The first picture is Trevin's new contraption to get into the pantry. He pulls out the bottom drawer, stands on the side, and then pulls the pantry door slightly open. He then climbs down, closes the drawer, and is able to pull the pantry door open. After he is in the pantry, everything within reach goes into the garbage.
Tonight while I was taking pictures for my Scrap Blog he climbed on the drawer so he could point to the "baby." Little does he know this little "Baby" is himself. After I took some quick pictures of him being naughty (climbing on the drawers) I put him on the floor and told him "No No." What happened next you ask....He said "Doe Doe" to me while shaking his finger. Ohhh the joys of being a mom.
I know I probably sound like he is the worst son in the world when in fact he's not. I gave him some pudding this morning and he wanted to eat it himself. This is the result! The bathtub was next and a clean pair of clothes.

Mom are you sure you want to take him on Thursday after all my complaining?

3 comments:

Hills said...

I am seriously laughing so hard right now!! Correction . . me and mom are laughing lol I can't wait to see the trouble makin boy on thursday and introduce him to Mike :) hehe. No, it will be so good to see him and you guys this weekend! I will try to be more serious with him and not laugh at him k Hopefully he has gotten over the superman stage cause at the rate he is going I am not going to be able to do it for very long. My arms were so sore Sunday morning after lights at the park! not kidding . . so sore!!!

Braydon Nielsen said...

Way to funny.. Isn't it great when they get into everything.. gotta love them :)

The Riding's said...

Oh Nat,
I know how you feel. Chan I stopped going to church together. We started taking turns. He is in the young mens, so I don't get to go as much! It gets better when they get to go nursery, cause then they love church. For us that only lasted three months then we had our other one! For Talon his terrible twos started at eighteen months as well, but good news He is alot better now. (A year later!!) That is good news because everyone has told me that three is just as bad, but so far things are just getting better. In time for us to start all over.
Courtney