Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Did you ever think about....

buying fresh fruits and vegetables and freezing them for food storage?

I never even thought about it! I was reading on my favorite food storage blog the other day about a woman who buys fruits and vegetables ONLY when they are on sale and freezes them! What an awesome idea I thought to myself.

So....
Today that's exactly what I did! Lins had green, red, and yellow peppers 10 for 10.00 so I stocked up a few days ago. Keep in mind some of these peppers are around $3.00 each! Today I washed, cut, and bagged them for my food storage. I also bought grapes on sale and froze them in little snack ziplock bags! My sister loves frozen grapes so I thought I would give it a try!

Keep in mind, its not best to use frozen veggies or fruit if you are making something fresh like salsa. I froze green peppers to use in fajitas for example. Now, when I want to make fajitas I just go out to my freezer, grab some chicken and peppers, let them defrost, and cook away!

Can anyone tell I am like the food storage queen lately? I think my mom is sick of hearing about all my crazy stories and sick of me asking so many questions! Sorry mom, I love you!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

You are becoming quite the food storage queen. There is nothing wrong with that tho! Keep it up, so I can keep using your ideas!