Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's finally done

So here is a little peek at my food storage cabinet. I had been telling Colby I was really wanting a cabinet like this because we don't have a lot of extra storage in our new house (no basement). After much deliberation, Colby agreed that it would be an awesome idea. My mom gave us a huge shelf reliance shelf for Christmas last year and I wanted a cabinet to go around that shelf (so nobody actually knew what was inside since I wanted it in my family room). Tana came down last weekend and we sanded and glazed it. It was so much fun!
I haven't posted a picture of the doors open because I haven't got all my food inside yet. Also Colby still needs to put the black nobs on the front (I didn't want to wait to post pictures just because of that).
In the picture you can't see a lot of the black glaze but it's there......and it looks awesome!

Do you like the red color? I love the color red! It is for sure a dominant piece of furniture in our family room but I am glad I did it red. I have a lot of other red accented pieces in this room so I think it works!

3 comments:

Braydon Nielsen said...

Nat, I think that it looks awesome, Colby fine job again!!!! SO your whole shelf fit in the cabniet, how cool is that.. Way awesome guys... BTW i love red!!!!

The Robison's said...

I love it! Ohhh When i get a new house some day, colby is hired! That looks so good. He is so talented! I love the red color!

Colby & Brenda said...

it's awesome!!!! i love red too (as if you didn't know) the food inside is looking good too....