Monday, January 4, 2010

Reflections

Today Colby left for the post office and left Trevin behind. He wanted to go for a ride so badly. Colby told him if he got dressed and ready then he would take him for a ride when he got back.
Reflections-3
It only took Trevin two seconds to run into his room, lay down, and say "Mom, I get dressed!" We got dressed, did his hair, brused his teeth, and put on his shoes in about five minutes. After our little routine was complete he ran into the office to watch for Colby to come home.
Reflections-1

Reflections-5
We waited by the window for the longest twenty minutes of Trevin's life. We had to call Colby twice to make sure he knew we were waiting for him.

While we were waiting for Colby, I noticed Trevin's reflection in the mirror. Trevin noticed himself in the window too. This got me thinking about the past year and caused me to reflect on my own life.
Reflections-2
I realized 2009 was over and I had not even had a chance to reflect on the year and what goals or changes I wanted to make for myself in 2010.

Do I like the person I see in the reflection? Do I wish I would have accomplished more, been a better person, or enjoyed the little things in life? Am I happy with the way my life is going? Are there things I need to work on, things I could do better at, or things I wish I would have done differently?


When Colby got home Trevin was so excited! We drove to the store for simple things and then bought a pizza for dinner. We talked about our life and what goals we had individually, as a family, and things we needed to work on.

2010 brings lots of dreams and anticipation for our little family!

No comments: