Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Is that a REAL bug?

Click on the picture to blow it up and get the full detail...Hilary talked to me at the first of the week and told me she wanted to come visit us. She got to Cedar City tonight and we went out to eat at the Pizza Factory. When we got home she went out to her car to get her stuff and came back in. She immediately asked me "Is that a real bug?" I was a little confused and asked her what she was talking about. We went outside and this HUGE ant was sitting on my front porch. After watching it for about five minutes, it didn't move at all. We poked it with a pencil and it started crawling. Yes...we jumped, screamed, laughed, and stared in aw at this huge ant looking bug. THEN, Hilary had the brillant idea of catching the bug. We caught it (while looking like idiots in our PJ's as my neighbors looked on) in a jar and brought it up to show Colby. He didn't belive me at first when I told him there was a huge bug outside. When we showed him, he was caught off guard too! I have no idea what it's called but its large, ugly, and creepy crawly! What an exciting night so far!





8 comments:

The Robison's said...

You guys are so funny!! Nat i can't believe you are building a house! That is awsome, i want to come down and see it when it all done. i hope that doesn't mean you are going to stay down there forever. Well i miss you tonz! You sound like you are doing so good and i am so glad. love ya tonz!!

matesen said...

That is the grossest bug ever! Besides the gross bug, I hope things are going well for you in Cedar. I saw your mom on Saturday and she said that you are loving it. I miss you and we will have to plan a day to meet in Nephi for lunch or something after I have my baby.

The Park's said...

Okay, that creature is gross! I can't believe you put it in a jar! lol I miss you and Hillary. We all need to live by each other. We actually just need to plan a weekend and have some major scrapbooking! It looks like you two had a lot of fun!

Jill Park said...

oh my goodness that is a horrible looking BIG BUG! Did you find out what it was?

Cherice said...

Glad you survived the freakish bug!!!!

Hali said...

UGH!!! That sucker is huge. Props to you and Hills for catching it. I'd have been runnin' in the other direction :)

hkjhjhk said...

Dude, I know what it is! They are called Shadow Chasers or Camel Spiders (I think). One night while we were watching TV I saw something crawl from underneath the couch to the entertainment center. I thought I was seeing things until Jay asked, "Did you just see that?". We looked for it for like 20 mins and couldn't find anything but then all the sudden it came running out towards Jay. It was HUGE! The whole time Jay was running circles around the living room while this thing was chasing him! (the reason they call them shadow chasers is because they don't like light so they try to stay in shadows, and you know how the lighting in my house gives off shadows) The only thing I could find to try to kill it was OFF. We sprayed it one time and it died (or we thought). So Jay decided to put his little friend in a jar to show off and the next morning when we woke up it was moving! I promptly threw it in the trash can. Anyway, not to write a novel but thats our story about those gross bugs!

hkjhjhk said...

Okay, I think that I might need to clarify some things. When that bug was in our house, it was right after we moved in. We figured that it may have entered the house while we were moving things in and had the doors open. I haven't seen one since. Just to let you know we don't have an infestation or anything :-)