Monday, September 29, 2008

Update and Random Things

I know I have been posting a lot lately but I feel like I have to since we live so far away from family and friends! So a little update, they started our house today! I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I was when we drove past and saw them digging! I am just glad it is started! Now the waiting and watching will begin!

Second thing: I am trying to be a better mother, housewife, person, etc. Colby and I have started to do family nights more and spend time together as a family. We are going to be attending General Conference with my family this weekend and I can't wait! I always love listening to the speakers and seeing the Prophet. It will be a little different this year because I am always used to seeing President Hinkley. Anyway, so I have been writing down a weekly dinner menu since I have been a slacker at cooking! Maybe if I share it with you, it will encourage me to actually make it!
Monday: Chicken Cordon Blu
Tuesday: Hamburger Helper (I know its not a real dinner but it's Colby's favorite)
Wednesday: Diana's Italian Chicken
Thursday: Tacos
Friday-Sunday: We will be in Nephi so....

Third Thing: Trevin is continually growing!
What describes him...
1. All the spatulas and measuring cups get scattered around the house daily!
2. He can now say Dad, BaBa (bottle), baby, when you say "one" he will say "two," he will say mom but it's not very often, Grandpa (he says this all the time) and his newest word....COLBY! I about died the other day when he said this. He was saying it off and on the other day and one morning when he woke up, he started yelling "Colby" to come get him out of his crib! We just laid in bed and laughed!
3. He loves books! Trevin will go into his room, grab a book, and home sit in your lap. This is his cue that he wants you to read to him. He knows Patty-Cake and how to play Peek-A-Boo.
4. He loves to go swimming and play in the bath tub
5. He is quite the snuggler!
6. He climbs on anything and anyone and when you tell him "No No" he will shake his finger like I do when I tell him "No No"
7. He loves grape juice and orange V8 splash
8. He knows who Elmo and Mickey Mouse are
9. He thinks it's fun to tip his bottle over and watch the Milk drip out!
10. He is our little man and we love him dearly!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

fun!! I would like to know how to make chicken cordon blue!! ( ya i know i spelled that one wrong) .
I think all kids have some things in common, especially when it comes to the spatulas, measuring cups.. and in my case.. it's usually the bowls and some pans because that's where i have a few of them, in an underneath self... so she likes to get into that cupboard and pull it out!! ;) Lizzy also has done the counting thing the same way a few times!!! ;0 it's soo funny! Also i think it's funny that trevin calls his dad by his name! Lizzy did that with me for a while. and in the mornings instead of saying "mom" we would hear her saying "ashie"... until i would go into her room to get her out of her crib!! ;) again soo funny!! they are soo much fun at this age! Liz loves books too!
However you are really lucky, i don't know why but lately Lizzy hasn't been too much of a snuggler.. usually she is.. well to me at least.. but then that's it, which kind of makes it harder on me!
Sorry for such a long comment!! I just enjoy all the funny things kids do at this age!!
oh and good luck with the waiting for your house. that's really exciting, i can only imagine!! I think we are going to finally be moving here pretty soon into a new house as well, but we decided to buy!! So again CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK WITH IT ALL ;) Love ya!!

hkjhjhk said...

Nat, Call me and give me your new number. I miss you!!!!

Love,
Cara