Friday, September 12, 2008

On my mind....

one. When is my little boy going to stop growing up so fast? Today when I look at him and play with him I feel like he is too big already. I remember those days when I would hold him in my arms and he would sit still, the times that he slept more than two hours during the day, and the time when he didn't crawl all over my couches and the tables! He is only 14 months old and I feel like he gets bigger and bigger everyday. He is always finding something new to get into. What's really on my mind is how much I LOVE him!

two. Why is my house a disaster right now? I can't believe how messy a house can get when you are working and traveling to Nephi so often. Today I have done about seven loads of laundry, cleaned all my bathrooms, and am now working on deciding what to make for dinner. I talked to my dad earlier on the phone and he said "you're just doing all the motherly things" and that is exactly what I have been doing today. I do love being a mom but sometimes I feel like cleaning your house all the time is wasted time. I just want to play with Colby & Trevin.

three. What are we going to do about our living situation? We are in the process of building a house in St. George right now and I wish it was built right now! LOL! I am the most impatient person I know. When I want something, I want it now! We are trying to decide what to do about either renting here in Cedar City (in the place we are in) or moving into a home that is just around the corner from where our house is being built. The Ences were nice enough to find us a rental house before our house is completed and we are debating on moving down there! I guess I am just so excited to move into my own house that I feel like moving down there would be somewhat the same!

four. I love my job! I was so nervous to take the ICU job in St. George because I was afraid people would be mean, stuck up, or just not willing to help me learn everything I needed to learn. After two weeks of work, I can honestly say that I love my job! I love the people, I love the atmosphere, I love the learning experiences I am getting, but most of all I love being a nurse! I had a patient talk to me about being a nurse and the type of people who are nurses. She explained her gratitude for nurses and how important they are. I explained to her that although I am not the richest person in the world, I love my job and what I do! At that moment I realized exactly why I love being a nurse no matter how much I get paid. My job is so rewarding!

five. I can't stop thinking about NieNie and her family. I am not sure if any of you are aware or not but you can read about her family on the blog button I have posted on the side. Her and her husband were in a plane crash and they are both in critical condition. I used to read her blog all the time and it's hard to understand what her family is going through right now. They are having to take care of four children while her and her husband are in critical condition in the hospital. It makes me realize just how important family is and also how important the gospel is. I think about them on a daily basis!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

WOW!! Natalie, I really like reading your blog! Your pictures are always so cute. I have always looked up to you from the minute we met. I really like being around you, yes i know that's not to often, but i really enjoyed seeing you at our high school reunion!
I sort of understand, what you mean when you said just getting excited about having a house of your own. I wish I was as far as you are in that. WE were going to be buying a house in Payson, then it got sold and we were.. still are, waiting for money!! It's a tough thing. But anyways I DO UNDERSTAND THE motherly subject!! :) It's way sad to watch our little Babies, (who just seems like yesterday they were born) grow older each day! and yes they get into EVERYTHING! I also understand your feelings about "cleaning is sometime wasted time" ESPECIALLY with a toddler.. :) but I love it!!

Tosha G said...

I am so glad you are liking your job in the ICU. I really like it there and miss working in St. george.