Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Day in our life

1. I always have to have the blinds open (except for during the night when everyone can see into your house). I love a house that has a lot of lighting. I try to open the blinds first thing in the morning when I wake up to help brighten my day.
Let me explain...
This post may be a little different but it's part of a project I have been working on...a very different but fun project I will add. It's called "A day in our life" and it is something that I have been wanting to do for a while now. Have you ever noticed that we are always taking pictures of "events" or "people" and never really focusing on other things in life that happen everyday? I have been taking random pictures of things that I do almost everyday. I have been putting together an album of pictures and notes of things that I do on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. As you can understand, the days vary from week to week. It has been fun to figure out who I am and also things that make me and our family who we are.
2. Colby runs an online business, as I am sure many of you know. He ships things to customers on a daily basis. The post office is one of his best friends. Without the post office, his business wouldn't be possible and our income would decrease. We have so many different sizes of boxes, shipping labels, and about three different printers in his office. With the economy the way it is we are so grateful we both are still bringing in money just like we always have.
3. Our day would never be complete without Trevin getting food all over his face. Nothing is better than Mac & Cheese by your eye, all over your nose, and stuck to your neck! He loves Mac & Cheese!

4. Although this is a terrible picture, my day would never be complete without spending time with my son. This is a funny story as you can tell...I am chillin' with Trevin in his crib. It was one of those days where we didn't get ready for the day and we had so much fun together. Colby thought it was insane that I was hanging out with Trevin in his bed. Oh so fun....after a long night at work!
5. Toys, toys, toys! I pick up so many toys all over our house...about four times a day. I put them away and have a clean house for about fifteen minutes and then Trevin gets everything back out again! He brings toys and puts them into my kitchen drawers, on the couch, under the kitchen table, into the bathroom, and anywhere you can imagine!
6. Colby has been studying so hard these last two weeks! He has been a little stressed out but he is doing well in school. It's not uncommon for him to hook up our extra computer on the kitchen table and study while I sleep during the day after working. He watches Trevin on Wednesdays while I sleep so studying in the kitchen allows him to be around Trevin and make sure he isn't getting into too much trouble. He is such a good father!
7. Monday is my main Laundry day. I HATE doing laundry! I try to get it all out of the way at the first of the week so I don't have to worry about it anymore. I can't believe how much laundry my little guy goes through. It is something that consumes a lot of wasted time....or at least that's how I look at it. I always think of so many other things I would rather be doing when I do laundry.
8. My son is a maniac! He loves to pull open the drawers on our coffee table and just sit and watch T.V. He also loves to climb all over the couches as I have mentioned before. My life would not be complete without him!

5 comments:

Mikkell, Chris, Maclee,& Marlee said...

Natalie I enjoy your blog and want to keep seeing it so add me. mmikkell@hotmail.com

Ashley said...

Please add me I love reading your blog!! I think that is a very good idea to do this project you have been wanting to do for a while now, I like the pictures of Trevin, so cute!!
ashley_benson21@hotmail.com

Benson Family said...

Nat,
Don't forget to add me to your list. rachellebenson@msn.com

Hope all is going well with you and your family. Your house is going up FAST!!! I am so excited for you guys.

Love,

Rachelle

Brothersen's said...

Hey Nat, don't forget about me, I found you through Rachelle. My e-mail mkreese_25@hotmail.com. I'm thinking about going private too. Your little boy is getting so big and he is so cute. Looks like you guys are having fun. Keep in touch. Mindy:)

Stefanie D. said...

I love that your doing "A day in our life" project. I should try it...then maybe I'll get better at taking more pictures! :)