Thursday, November 13, 2008

What Matters Most...

Last weekend Graycee & Rex came down to visit us. They were originally coming down for the Juab football game but the game got changed. Bummer! We had the best time just hanging out with these guys and chatting like old times. Graycee married my husband's best friend and it just so happens that Graycee & I get a long so well. She has honestly became one of my very best friends. It means everything to Colby & I to have good friends. Rex & Graycee and Jay & Cara are some of our best friends. It has been fun to have all of us hangout together and get to know each other better. We truely are so grateful to have them in our life! They bring happiness and fun into our life. Money will never buy happiness. Its friends & family that matter most!

Graycee and I spent the day going grocery shopping at Smith's & Lins. I know it doesn't sound very fun but it gave us a chance to visit. The guys were watching Trevin & listening to the game on the radio while we went and spent a lot of money. Well actually, only I did! But I am proud to say that I am working on getting my food storage stocked back up. After looking through all the adds, gathering coupons, and figuring out which places had the best deals....I saved $72.32 just at Smiths! I was hoping to save around $30.00 and so when the cashier told me how much I saved I felt like I had just won the lottery! I know it sounds lame to some of you, but with everything the economy is doing right now, I am trying to be better and listen to the prophet. It's hard to pay for all this food storage and then to find a place to put it all (unless you have a huge house to put it in).

I am so excited because we went and measured a wall in our house and Colby is going to build me a cabinet to place around my Shelf Reliance shelf my mom and dad got me last year for Christmas. I am so excited because right now that shelf is full of my food in the basement at my parent's house! I can't wait to get all my food storage back down to St. George and also have a cute cabinet to hide what's actually in there!

It's hard to wonder what the world is coming to and just how prepared we need to be. We have been told time after time to get our food storage in order but it took a while for that really to sink in for me and for a lot of people. I have struggled to find places to put my food storage with this new house we are building because there isn't a basement. Does anyone have any good ideas of creative places to store your food storage? Let me know!

*I will post a picture of my new cabinet when it gets completed. This is what I asked for from Colby for Christmas.*

By the way, Shelf Reliance is having a sale right now in case any of you are interested in buying any. http://www.shelfreliance.com
I have The Harvest 72" and also The Harvest 39" #10. I love them!

2 comments:

hkjhjhk said...

We love you guys too Nat!!! Can't wait to see you.

Our Family said...

I'm sure you are already planning on putting me on your list to send to but make sure you do. dianapark11@hotmail.com