Friday, November 21, 2008

One day closer...

We went and looked at our house today and things are coming along well. Keep in mind there is no lighting in the house right now so these pictures are not the best. Please don't completely judge color by these pictures because I really couldn't get very good lighting. They started our cabinets today and I couldn't be more excited about the color. I chose a midnight colored stain on the notty alder (if that's how you spell it) and I LOVE LOVE the color! It is a little different colored in person, but you get the idea. Sorry you can't really see the full effect because the doors are not on yet but it gives you a little idea of how the kitchen will look. The granite will be here Monday so I will post pictures next week!

The hallway by the pantry door leads to our master bedroom/bathroom and then down the hall is the laundry room and a closet by the garage. Just to give you an idea.
My two favorite people in the world....We have been trying to teach Trevin to say "House."
This is the house from the outside. I am a little bit unsure of the color on the front door. I thought it was going to be a tan color like the garage but apparently we told them to match it to the stucco. We just looked at our papers and I guess I didn't realize at the time exactly what she meant when she was asking us about it. It was towards the end of the day and my mind was a little to full of color choices at that time. What do you think? Should I have them paint it a tan color to match the garage to even things out? Please leave a comment and let me know. I won't be offended what you tell me. I need some help deciding what to do.

I know some of you are probably thinking that our stucco is really dark but that's how we wanted it. All the houses in St. George that have light colored stucco have turned an orange color at the bottom. Every single one we have seen! So that was the reasoning behind the dark stucco. We wanted it to always look new and there are maybe four houses in the neighborhood with this same color and with all the landscaping....they look awesome!

They also started landscaping yesterday and you can kind of get an idea from the picture but they are not very far along with that. Inside the curbing will be grass and then around the windows and sidewalk will be trees and different bushes/plants. We are hoping that everything on the front and back yard will be done by Monday. They completely finished three yards next to us in two days so I am sure it will be done.

I am sorry these pictures are not completely the best but I was so excited tonight to go and see that everything was painted, to see the color of the cabinets, and so just realize that things are moving along like we had planned! Once again, I can't wait for it to be finished!

6 comments:

Braydon Nielsen said...

Nice house, looks like things are moving along well. Congrats!!! By the way Congrats on the background, LOL jk have a good one!!!!

Ashley said...

Nat~ I really like your house!! It looks really good!! And I like the dark cabinets, i think it looks really good.. your pictures are not as bad as you think.. again everything looks REALLY REALLY GOOD! It actually kind of reminds me of a house we looked at in payson.. and to me I get the idea that it has the same floor plan!! Which is really awesome.
As for your door.. I think it looks fine matching the stucco, but it probably would look better if they did match, but again not too bad!! :) Congrats!! I am so happy for you, I wish I was in the same situation!! :)

The Robison's said...

Your house looks so cute!!! I am so excited for you! You really do have good tast, so when i build my house you get to come help me lol. I love your the dark cabinets they really do look so nice with the tan walls. I love it! I am so jealous! I want to come see it soon, so i will call you when i come down, hopefully by then it will be really close to being done. I am so excited for you. Love it alot!

Tyler & Cassie said...

Hey Nat!! Your house looks Awesome!! I am way jealous. I think the door looks fine but would look better matching the garage but it still looks Great!!

Benson Family said...

Nat, I am so excited for you getting a new house. It looks really cute. I bet you are really excited to see it getting closer and closer to being done. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Lindsey Stewart said...

Your house is so cute. :) I love it. It is so exciting to pick out colors and stuff. I just remember picking out carpet and tile and wood floors and then getting them to match they way I wanted. I think that if you paint the door tan it would look better, because if you hang a wreath or something you will be able to see it better, and matching the garage is best. Just me. :) Make sure you post pictures when it is all done and decorated. :)