Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December Daily: Day Nine

Judging by the way Trevin's room looks in this next photo, you can understand why I am behind on my December Daily Post for today...
December-Daily-9

While I was cleaning my house, I thought to myself, "Trevin has been sleeping for a long time..."

I went to wake him up and this is how I found his room. He had pulled one of his small chairs over to his dresser, grabbed the powder bottle, and went to work! There was powder EVERYWHERE!
December-Daily-9-2

When I walked into his room, the only thing he said to me was, "Oh No! Look, Mess!" Later when I described the incident to my mom, she asked if I put him on time-out. I explained to her the first thing I did was tell Colby to grab my camera. She was not completely thrilled with my awesome parenting skills. Maybe next time mom. He did however know he was in trouble because his hand went straight to his mouth like mine does when I get nervous. He inherited the habit of biting his nails from me.
December-Daily-9-4

I did however make him help me clean it up, tell him it was a "naughty" thing to do, and then sat him on my lap and told him big boys don't do things like that. He replied, "Ok mom. I'm sorry" and started to sing "the clean up song."
December-Daily-9-3

He told Mickey and Donald he was sorry and that was the end of the story. The powder bottle now is no longer visible and will hopefully NEVER be dumped all over his room again.

P.S. The entire bottle of powder was gone by the time he was finished with his little art project! Awesome Right?

2 comments:

kars and linz said...

Nat I love your blog! What an awesome mom you are! You guys need to call us next time your in town so we can get together and do something!

Hills said...

Uh oh . . lol I am missing you guys LOTS! You have some fun pics loaded nat! I can't wait to see you! I will call ya this week, not sure when you work but hopefully I can catch up with ya. Love ya lots