Thursday, March 26, 2009

Date Night

Last Friday night we went out again with some of my friends from work. We went to Tuacahn and saw Joseph-A Nashville Tribute. It was amazing to say the least. All of the singers are LDS and are very well known. One of the singers is the manager/producer of Shedaisy, the pianist is the pianist for Diamond Rio, and I can't remember the rest. Due West is part of this group. The lead singer is from Richfield and they are amazing as well! I was a little upset because Mindy Gledhill who sings Emma was not able to be there, but the woman who actually plays Emma (in the new movie Emma) came to sing. I soon got over my disapointment when I heard her sing! It was truely a testimony builder!
Colby, Myself, Melissa, and Braydon on one side and....
Braydon (again) Vanessa, and Mike.
We went over to the Barben's home (Vanessa & Mike) and they gave us a tour of their house! It was incredible! This was their pet Lizard (not sure if you really consider this huge thing a lizard) and I really wanted to hold it! Little did I know it had SHARP fingernails and so I was a little hesitant when Mike put it on my shoulder!
Before we left we had an awesome dinner prepared by all of us. Instead of going out to eat we decided to make dinner ourselves! Budget people, Budget! I made Baja salad, Vanessa & Mike marinated pork chops and made baked potatoes, and Braydon made Queso dip (for an appetizer) and also some peanut butter brownies! The food was delicious! Much better than going out to eat! It was such a fun night! I love working with such awesome people. It has truely helped me become a better person and realize what life is all about!

Thanks Riley & Tana for watching Trevin...We didn't know they were going to be coming down last weekend. We had already bought the tickets! I felt horrible!

2 comments:

KK and Company said...

That's so awesome that you saw the Joseph - A Nashville Tribute. The lead singer of Due West, Tim, is in our ward. We are great friends with their family. Dan Truman is the lead pianist for Diamond Rio, and Jason Deere is SheDaisy's manager... All three members of SheDaisy are in our stake. It's pretty cool! Every few months everyone who is doing music and is a member of the church gets together and sings and plays for each other. They are fun parties. I wish I would have known you were going and I could have got it so you could meet the band! Oh well... maybe next time. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Hills said...

Nat I want to come to Tuachan! Jim Brickman is coming in April! He is my favorite piano player, so nothing too extreme ha ha. But I have always wanted to see him! I loved all the cute videos of Trev this weekend! I am getting anxious to see you guys. Love ya