Monday, March 9, 2009

Feeding the Ducks

I got up this morning and got ready early because I was determined to do something fun with my son today while Colby was at school. As a little girl I always remember going to feed the ducks with my family along with my grandparents in Springville. I always loved having the ducks surround you as you threw them large amounts of bread. My grandma would always get so nervous that we would get bit by one of them, but that didn't seem to stop us from having a good time.
Today was a beautiful day in St. George. On Saturday I noticed there was a small pond just a few blocks up from our house....
So we went and fed the ducks! I had some old hamburger buns that I knew wouldn't get used. I loaded Trevin in the tahoe and away we went. While we were driving I explained that we were going to go see the ducks. He immediately started looking around for them and wanted to know where they were.
When we got there he saw the ducks and screamed, "Oh, Ducks!" He always starts saying something by saying "Oh" first. When I started to throw the bread to the ducks, he got mad and wanted some for himself.


He enjoyed me feeding the ducks while he ate. After a while he caught on and realized if he threw the bread to the ducks they would swim toward him. It was so much fun to spend time with him and do something with my child that I used to do when I was young. It brought back memories of my childhood and what life used to be like.

If you look at the very first picture posted, you can see all the BIG chunks of bread...those were Trevin's pieces he threw for the ducks. You can see they didn't make it far enough into the water so they didn't get ate until we walked off. The ducks were a little scared of a screaming child yelling for them!

2 comments:

The Robison's said...

That is so cute! I can'r believe how good he can talk. He's getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Natalie- I cant believe how big he has got since the last time I saw him. They grow up to fast don't they! I love to check your blog and see how things are down in St.George. We sure miss you guys!